Your agent will discuss these in more detail but here are some considerations:
- Always provide the agent with a key. In Vermont we often don’t lock our homes but once you are on the market, the agent should use a key.
- Try to leave during all showings. Private viewings are more relaxed and buyers can be vocal about their likes and dislikes.
- Listen to your agent as to how they will enter your property. Coming in through the garage might not be a good first impression.
- Clean and tidy up. Buyers will like a neat home but don’t obsess on it either. A buyer isn’t going to rule you out just because a bed isn’t made.
- Remember smells. Smoking, cooking strong fish, stale kitty litter or even heavily scented candles or cleaning agents can be a subliminal turn offs.
Read our detailed blog post about this topic HERE.